Grade 9 – £31,601 – £36,379
We are currently recruiting to the role of HR Adviser to join our small but busy professional HR team. The Authority employs around 6,000 people to deliver a range of public services and you will provide a high level generalist HR advisory and support service to an assigned part of our organisation
Your Key responsibilities will involve:
* Advice to managers on a variety of operational HR, policy, compliance and employment law
* Managing employer relations case work including – discipline, grievance, performance, absence, sickness and investigations.
* Run and analyse absence reports, supporting with managing staff health & wellbeing
* Assist HR Managers with change management activities including consultations, restructure, redundancy, redeployment.
* Lead role in planning recruitment for department with the workforce plan
* Development of people management skills through coaching and supporting managers
* Contribute to areas of strategic HR.
We are looking for someone who is MCIPD qualified, with a solid HR background, preferably gained in an advisory role preferably, but not necessarily, in local government. You will have a thorough and up to date knowledge of HR practice and employment law. You will have a pragmatic and analytical approach to problem solving, and take pleasure in well run processes and good record keeping. A skilful communicator, you will be able to establish an effective business partnership with managers, and will always be helpful and approachable. Proficiency in IT is essential.
Closing date: 20/02/2018
Grade 9 - £31,601 - £36,379
Posted on February 12, 2018